I have a Tab Ultra and I am generally happy with it. BUT:
- (bug needing a fix) the latest 3.3.2 update broke the proper use of hyperlinks in pdf documents, the area that you touch has a sort of buffer around it, making it imprecise if you have many linked areas close to each other.This has been documented by Voja on his “MyDeepGuide” YouTube channel (cf. his Boox Link padding video). This is really annoying and unacceptable in a device of that price, especially because it was working fine with old firmwares.
- (feature request) could you introduce the possibility to use a multi-page pdf as a layer in the note taking app with the use of all pages instead of only 1? I use a pdf planner and it works fine in Neoreader (with the exception of the link padding bug mentioned above) but it would be much better if I could use it in the note-taking app with Handwriting recognition and with all my other handwritten notes. The Supernote does this.
- (feature request) Link with Obsidian to automatically export content there (or import from Obsidian with an Obsidian Boox plugin) with the option to send handwritten notes as images or as text which would automatically launch the AI handwriting recognition
- (feature request) Table of Content in notes. Again, Supernote does that with headings. I’ve tried using tags and links to do something similar in Notes but it doesn’t really work
- (feature request) per page template in notes; it would be so much easier if we could use different templates for different pages of a note.
I’m sure other users have additional feature ideas that would help improve the Boox platform, some of which may not be that hard to implement (feel free to add ideas by replying).
@Boox: you have the potential to beat the competition here cause your devices are more versatile with the possibility to install Android apps. Still, the main reason I bought Boox devices was to take notes on an e-ink device. If you don’t improve the software, I’m afraid many of us will feel like switching to another brand.
Please sign in to leave a comment.