You could try to update to the latest firmware by following two ways.
Update from cloud
- Connect your BOOX with Wi-Fi first
- Go to Settings - Firmware Updates - “Check updates”, then the device will automatically update the firmware and restart when the update is completed.
- Please connect the device with a power source or PC to make sure of enough power for the update.
- Download firmware update.upx from the link here.
- Copy the firmware to the root directory of local storage.
- Go to Settings - Firmware Updates - “Check updates”, then follow the instruction to update the device. When the update is successful, the device will restart automatically.
Attention: The different update packages for different models cannot be mixed up. The wrong update package will cause the device’s inability to boot and use, and you may need to return your BOOX to the factory to root. Please read the instruction carefully before updating your device.