I love the Nova 2. Hardware and Software capabilities are beyond every competitor.
These are issues that I run into during daily usage:
1. No way to switch between native apps (Neo Reader and Notes) without passing through some other menu. These apps do not appear in the recent apps list nor do they they have quick access through the navigation ball. Nor can third party apps access them. Please allow shortcuts to "current reading" and "current note".
2. Opening the top down menu drawer scrolls the page in Neo reader
3. No way to perform search for a note's name whilst ignoring the content (which requires the notes to be read by the AI and takes a long time)
4. The Browser when opened from the Neo reader has no functionality. pressing the back button goes back to the book (not to the previous webpage) and cancels the selection. This "quick" browser needs a way to open the page in the full browser or better yet the browser of our choice. we cant even copy a url from this function-less browser. I end up copying the text and using a shortcut to open my browser.
5. Saved words in the dictionary.
- The words are displayed in a list with an insufficient amount of its definition. The definition is cut to two lines which usually only contain pronunciation information forcing us to open the definition.
- opening a word from the list opens the definition, but pressing back doesn't go back to the word list but back to "apps", also the position in the list of words is lost
- no way to skip to a page in the word list, manual navigation is required every time
6. Dictionary in Neo reader
- The buttons to not fill the rectangles they are contained within, not only is this a pain because precision is needed to press the button but the area around the button cancels the operation, closing the dictionary and de-selecting the word.
- Text cannot be selected in the dictionary to make another dictionary search, or for anything else.
7. Drawings cannot be given annotations for quick reference in the neo reader. a simple title function would speed up searching through drawings in a book through the table of contents. i refrain from drawing in the book because i would have to manually search through all of them to find the one that I want
8. Notes cannot be exported in their native format, nor copied to anywhere but the designated file system.
9. Reflowed text cannot be selected.
10. Often spaces and line breaks are missing from both reflows and hand written text recognition.
11. Can't rename an open book or screenshot from the neo reader
12. Cant move/delete notes from "history" page
13. Embolden and contrast settings are not file specific so must be changed if switching between pdfs with different qualities.
14. When plugged in the device wakes from standby.
I could give more but these are the true grievances I have. I had many issues which were solved by the latest update so I was inspired to write this as I saw that boox is a user oriented company.
The first one is the only one that bothers me EVERY TIME I USE THE DEVICE. Many are quite insignificant and are just suggestions from an otherwise happy customer, but the first one is heart breaking.
Thanks for your time,
Please sign in to leave a comment.